Life has no smooth road for any of us; and in the bracing atmosphere of a high aim the very roughness stimulates the climber to steadier steps, till the legend, over steep ways to the stars, fulfills itself.

W. C. Doane

Monday, March 19, 2012

Never Enough

The wall around this heart of mine grows
As the organ used for loving breaks.
Yet another soul walks away
They all will eventually
No one stays
No one stay
No one...

Been crying
Been sobbing
Heart wrenching
Stomach hurting,
Unbearably sobbing

So easy it was, for you to walk
For you to leave
Me
For you turn your back
On what once was

Leaving the country
The continent
This friendship behind
Why won't you even try?

Why wasn't I worth it?
Why am I never worth it?
Will anyone ever fight for me?
To keep me
To love me

Four attempts at contact
Four attempts at mending
What ripped and tore and broke
In the end you broke me.
I'm done. 

1 comment:

  1. One day you'll realize that not everyone leaves. What sucks now won't suck forever.

    ReplyDelete